Friday, February 1, 2008

my eee-pc -- I broke it a little

It didn't take too long, until I broke the tiny little thing a little. synaptics (the GUI package manager) complained about kdelibs4c2a and ... cannot install ... and whatever.

I went to wiki.eeeuser.com and forum.eeeuser.com, but the search hits were a little unclear unsorted. I googled site:forum.eeeuser.com kdelibs4c2a and that was most helpful. Somebody had already described the same problem, and somebody else had already described a solution:

You have to make sure that you get the Xandros ksmserver and kicker from Asus and not the Debian ones. It sounds like you're doing this step after you put a Debian repository in your /etc/apt/sources.list. Use one of the various methods to force apt-get to get this from Asus instead
(e.g. comment out the Debian server,
and then
$ sudo apt-get update
    
and then
$ sudo apt-get install ksmserver kicker
    
and then after that, if you want, you can put the Debian server back in).

I think I will re-de-comment the other repositories more selectively from now on, as I don't want to experience this kind of trouble very often.

No comments: