Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rooibos (tea) - en.Wikipedia.org

Rooibos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The plant is used to make a herbal tea called rooibos tea, bush tea (esp. Southern Africa), redbush tea (esp. UK), South African red tea, or red tea. The product has been popular in Southern Africa for generations and is now consumed in many countries. It is sometimes spelled rooibosch in accordance with the old Dutch etymology, but this does not change the pronunciation.
I was never attracted by rooibos tea so far, I always found it sort of strange, but somebody deployed 2 bags in my kitchen, and I am now going to risk my life and I will try one cup of each. If I will survive this, I will return to here.

Update:
Alright, I survived the Earl Grey version of rooibos tea.

Update:
Prepared a cup of "chocolate / almond / truffle" rooibos tea. I assume, this will be my only cup of this tea. I can't stand the idea of this kind of tea. I really don't like this flavour.

No comments: