Sunday, January 2, 2011

The SAXON XSLT and XQuery Processor

The SAXON XSLT and XQuery Processor

Downloaded Saxon-HE from the above URL on my Linux box, decided to go for the Java variant, installed saxonhe.jar and "the resources" into /usr/local/saxon-resources9-3.

I wasn't able to browse the documentation below saxon-resources9-3/doc with Chrome-10, so I use Firefox-3.6 for that.
But I also read the documentation here.

This is from "Getting started with Saxon on the Java platform", adapted for my Unix-like platform:
$ java -cp /usr/local/saxon-resources9-3/saxon9he.jar net.sf.saxon.Query -t '-qs:current-date()'
Well, no error messages. I like that. Looks like I got all preconditions fulfilled.
More command lines tries from there:


$ cd /usr/local/saxon-resources9-3

$ java -cp /usr/local/saxon-resources9-3/saxon9he.jar net.sf.saxon.Transform -t -s:samples/data/books.xml -xsl:samples/styles/books.xsl -o:$HOME/temp.html

$ java -cp /usr/local/saxon-resources9-3/saxon9he.jar net.sf.saxon.Query -t -s:samples/data/books.xml -q:samples/query/books-to-html.xq > $HOME/temp.html

      


(to be continued)

No comments: