Thursday, March 17, 2011

an extra blank page on PDF-s created by JasperReport has gone

The JRXML, I am creating programmatically, caused the generated PDF to have an extra blank page.

I didn't care a lot, as long as I had not achieved my main goal. Now, that I am going to deliver (OMG!), I tried to smooth that rough edge. As I had not clue, where the problem source really was, I urgently needed to solve that problem today. Spent some time on it, solved it!

My document has only two bands: the Title and the the Background Band.
The Title Band actually doesn't share the page space with any other band. Therefore I thought it may take all the 842 points of height, that the document has itself. That's apparently not true. Apparently the Title Band must be at least be one point smaller the available height. If I respect that rule, I don't have that extra blank page any more.

No comments: