Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ImageMagick, OS X, Xcode, fink, dependency hell

After setting up Xcode on Lion properly yesterday and re-installing fink, I am now going through a dependency hell. I hope, everything will recompile smoothly – but you just never know.
As cautious as I usually am, I renamed fink's /sw just to /sw-, so that I can work around, in case things don't work out as smoothly, as they shall.

Whenever I see these thousands of dependencies … – OMG, my stomach! Once in a while these things break, and after like 20 years of sometimes breaking dependencies, you just don't really love it any more. That's why I prefer openSUSE over Ubuntu, ie. re-compiling installations.

The story ends like this for the time being: Any version of ImageMagick, that the fink team supports – they don't support for Lion.

No comments: