Friday, March 9, 2012

my FRITZ!Box 7390 stopped functioning last night, but now it works again.


  • I tried restarting it in the morning, but it did not wake up.
  • I re-animated my 7270, and phone-wise it worked fine, but not DSL-wise – all that took quite a while.
  • The guy at the Deutsche Telekom support hotline told me, the 7270 would not talk VDSL, and my access was configured to be VDSL. He is right.
  • I was almost on my way to borrow a splitter and a VDSL modem router at the next Deutsche Telekom shop.
  • I replaced the device's power supply with a switchable one, that I have on stock. Why didn't I try that in the first place? Well … – are you always instantly aware of all your available options?
  • 7390 started up fine again. That made me happy again, at least on the level of happiness before last night's disaster.
  • Contacted AVM regarding the broken power supply.
  • I purchased the 7390 in May 2010.
  • Will they tell me, the 7390's power supply is too old to be replaced by them for free? Not unlikely.
  • But they could be nice and take my engagement into account, that I showed, when the dradio underscore URLs broke the Internet radio modules in their phone and WIFI repeater products.
  • Update 2012-03-14: AVM sent me a free replacement for the broken power supply.

No comments: