Wednesday, August 3, 2011

MacBook Pro: successfully upgrading memory [update]

MacBook Pro: How to remove or install memory

Mine is a "MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009)"

The compatibility list said, I should add "PC3 -8500 DDR3 1066 MHz type RAM", but that wasn't available at my dealer (Saturn Berlin Europa-Center), so instead I installed "2*4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3" (), and that boots nice and still works very nice.

My "About This Mac > Memory" now says:
Your Mac contains 2 memory slots, each of which accepts a 1333 MHz DDR3 memory module.
Funny, isn't it?!!

The 2 new memory bars cost me EUR 100 at Saturn Berlin Europa-Center, not like EUR 140 as at Gravis. Not all screws went in as nice, as they were before this procedure. Otherwise this was really, really easy.

Now I run VirtualBox with WinXP inside (Quicken running inside there), and it feels like walking on air, not like on stones.

No comments: