Sunday, October 2, 2011

my online course(s) with O'Reilly School of Technology: "Client-Side Programming" Certificate

Client-Side Programming Certificate -- O'Reilly School of Technology

Started the HTML+CSS course, making good progress.
Will be good entertainment to survive our beloved national holiday over here in Germany.
I think it was a very good idea and opportunity to start this.
After this, I guess I will go for the Database Administration Certificate.
And after that why shouldn't I do fun RoR stuff?

Update 2011-10-02 (completing lesson 7):
Looks like this course material is rather old, they even mention Netscape, just as if it would be state of the art technology.
The course teaches me align and valign for table, but they are gone in HTML5. We are going to use styles instead, i.e. CSS. Alright. Took me a while, to find a statement on how to do this in HTML5. Found that statement at w3schools at last.

Update 2011-10-04 – lesson 11: CSS-P

Errata:
Lesson 7:
  • ... about the this tag ...
  • … Cellspacing controls the amount {of} space …
Lesson 9 – Cascading Style Sheets:
  • … Using CSS you will be able {to} control and change the style of multiple elements more easily.

No comments: