Monday, October 24, 2011

Skype was the default dialer on my Android phone, and I wanted to change that

That really gave me a hard time.

I remember, that until a couple of days a go, when I attempted to dial a phone number resp. one of the numbers associated to a address book entry, I got a list of alternatives presented, through which I could dial. I don't remember, that I made one of them the default dialers, but at one stage, I apparently did. I wanted to roll that back, but I had no idea why. For some reason I was obsessed with the idea, that I should be able to undo that choice exactly where I apparently selected it in the first place. But it doesn't work like that. Searched the web for it and found the right approach.

  • what's the current dialer?
  • find it within "Manage applications"!
  • find its "Launch by default" section!
  • "Clear defaults" if applicable!
  • now that's no longer your default dialer
It was that easy in my case.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shot Codes - CallFire is partnering up with local hotspot Pourtal Wine Tasting Bar to host a recurring tech networking event.

Unknown said...

Shot Codes - CallFire is partnering up with local hotspot Pourtal Wine Tasting Bar to host a recurring tech networking event.