Friday, December 2, 2011

how to disable Android Market software updates resp. notifications

I got an Android phone and also an Android tablet.

Once in a while I have a good reason to use one of them as Wi-Fi router for the other and also other devices.

Once in a while I am abroad, and usually I have data roaming ticked off.

But then also once in a while data roaming is necessary, because there is no other suitable Internet access.

What more precautions can I take in order to avoid rather unnecessary transfers then?
  • "Update over Wi-Fi only" (may not help for the device getting routed through the other one)
  • tick off "Auto-update apps"
  • tick off "Notifications" ("about updates to apps or games that I've downloaded")
  • within "About tablet" > "Software update" tick off "Auto update"

No comments: