Friday, May 11, 2012

how to load SIM card contacts into an Android smartphone and also into my Google Mail Contacts

I was actually already quite able to load "my" SIM card contacts into my Android smartphone contacts, but apparently they get flagged in a way, so that these entries don't get synchronised with my Google Mail Contacts.

I did a Google search for this ("android sim contacts to gmail"), but the articles there seem to not consider that flag, that seems to prevent that synchronisation.

Note: It's actually not my SIM card contacts and my Google account, but it's easier to write "I" then "person X".

Update 2012-05-13: "Ice Cream Sandwich" Android on my own smartphone has a Contacts app option named "Merge with Google", that seems to cope with this problem.  It allows to select a specific Google account for this action. But the true owner of that SIM card doesn't want to have his SIM card contacts in my phone, and I actually don't want that as well.

No comments: