Wednesday, May 22, 2013

my openSUSE VirtualBox VM and its /var/log/messages

For quite a while I had messages like these in /var/log/messages on that VM:

  • collectd[…]: rrdtool plugin: …
  • dbus[…]: [system] … 'org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper' …
Today I got rid of both of them. It wasn't really difficult or exhausting to find those issues "on the Net". I should have done that long ago. But other issues always seemed more important.

I /etc/collectd.conf I "commented out" the rrdtool entry.

In KDE System Settings / … / Startup and Shutdown / Service Manager I de-activated Power Management. I found no straight way dealing with the backlighthelper itself.

/var/log/messages does not get swamped with these messages any more. I really do enjoy the "silence" there right now, to be honest.

No comments: