Sunday, October 3, 2010

Eat Pray Love (2010) - IMDb

Eat Pray Love (2010) - IMDb:

A married woman realizes how unhappy her marriage really is, and that her life needs to go in a different direction. After a painful divorce, she takes off on a round-the-world journey to "find herself".
The married woman is being portrayed by Julia Roberts, so even if there was far too much of that self-finding-thing in that movie for me, I always enjoy looking at her - apart from when she looks sad, because I find her ugly than - but I really like her smile.

Javier Bardem played her Brazilian lover (although he actually is a Spaniard), he even spoke some Portuguese there, and he did a good and serious job.

The nicest music in the movie (IMHO) is actually also Brazilian, and I loved it (you can of course also find it on YouTube, but no nice one with Bebel Gilberto performing):


There were a few scenes, that really got me crying, e.g. the farewell scene between the Brazilian father and his son.

This was my Saturday night movie at the CineStar Original movie theatre at the Sony Center in Berlin. I really enjoyed it - but for the pictures and the music.
The story and the the main character are truely sick, and this is how one of the reviewers on IMDb ended his text:
Do not see this movie and encourage others to avoid it like the plague!
He titled "American Films Continue to Glorify Female Borderline Personality Disorder", and I think, I agree to him.

No comments: