Friday, October 18, 2013

my DNS provider helped me delegating a subdomain of one of my domains to DYN-DOT-COM

https://www.united-domains.de

There is not a web GUI way to configure that, but when I asked them over the phone, they just asked me to give them the details, and the task got accomplished within less than 2 hours.

Now I am able to reach my home network with a really nice FQDN.

Next steps:

  • blogs are run "by myself at home" (WordPress), no longer by blogger.com i.e. Google
  • I can tell you individual photo album URLs pointing to my NAS at home – and also music album URLs etc – this has been long waited for
  • Synology has a rather interesting photo album blogging service running on their NASs
  • I can have my own network reachable wiki "at home"
Yes, I know, if my NAS's intrusion detection is too weak, than …

No comments: