Saturday, September 18, 2010

my trip to Anse-Mitan wasn't really, what I expected it to be

during the 1st couple of minutes, I happened to read on the ferry, that there is an out-of-order ferry schedule being applied on Saturdays currently, so effectively this was the last ferry going from Fort-de-France to Anse Mitan,
and I was rather lucky, too, to read this at all, as this ferry was also the latest one to take me back to Fort-de-France.
so effectively this was “just” a pretty pleasant round-trip with a slightly long waiting period before the start and no time at all on the beach.
Note à l'attention de notre clientèle: Nous informons notre aimable clientèle que jusqu'à ce que des solutions contre les actes d'insécurité soient trouvées les services du week-end s'arrêtereront le Samedi comme suit: ...

So first stop on my round-trip: Anse-à-l'Âne.

2nd stop: Anse-Mitan.

3rd stop: Pointe du Bout – and all of a sudden, I got the idea, the note did not explicitely say, the ferry would return to Fort-de-France, it just looked logical, but then on what basis could I use the term logical under these conditions?

Actually I was pretty silly to notice the note only after the ferry left the harbour of Fort-de-France, as I was sitting close to it for like 15 minutes, when the ferry sat in the harbour waiting ... to keep the schedule.

No comments: