Monday, September 6, 2010

a recruiter asked for some changes in the style of my CV, and I changed the XSL stylesheets

Quite a couple of years ago I picked up xmlresume as my way of maintaining my CV.
A while ago I had to recognise, that xmlresume should be regarded vaporware nowadays. I started looking around, considered to migrate to HR-XML and its CV resp. profile style, but that didn't really convince me either.
In the course of the changing economical situation I decided to regard XSL no longer as rocket science. It's not more powerful that attribute grammars in compiler construction, so why should it be more complicated?
So now together with the pressure of that recruiter I dared to have a look into xmlresume's XSL stylesheets, and I actually achieved, what I attempted to achieve:
  • I changed the order of per-project details,
  • and also changed the indentation of the project period,
  • and all that for the FO and also for the HTML output.
I was rather satisfied with that success, and that encouraged me to also announce an XSL course quite soon.

No comments: