Thursday, September 16, 2010

shopping in the darkness of the early Caribbean evening

I really like the local Carrefour / Dillon. Their own articles are apparently targeted towards the Francophone + Dutch market, so the articles are labeled in the resp. languages. I only saw this  a lot, when I lived and worked in Antwerp, but I did not expect to see this again out here in the Caribbean.

After a little searching I finally even found something similar to Philadelphia / green. I am not quite sure, whether this is adequate food for the Caribbean, but apparently there is not just me here, who seems to like it. I also got me some Camembert, that together with some nice baguette will help me survive.

For breakfast I got now müsli, corn flakes, and milk. And bananas, bananas, bananas, …

Oooo, the milk is from France, not a local product. What a pity!

BTW: If you ever want to see a garbage bin, just as clean as you breakfast table: come and see it here!

I am not sure, whether I did that already, but I don't want to forget to mention this:
I love the Caribbean.

No comments: