Wednesday, July 7, 2010

creating my 1st DocBook Website web-sites

I have the DocBook XSL book in front of me (opened at "Chapter 31. Website"), asking myself and the world (irc://irc.freenode.net#docbook) silly questions, like the ones, you can find as my recent articles on this blog.

I want to change a couple of pretty raw vanilla DocBook web sites to pretty raw but neat vanilla DocBook Website web sites during the next couple of hours. There is other work to complete pretty soon, so I rather complete this thing now.

I am using docbook-website-2.6.0/example from Sourceforge (look around here!! ((FIXME))) (of course as example-JH-0, so I can always diff to the origin).
Their Makefile-example.txt is now my Makefile, I just had to adapt DOCBOOK_WEBSITE and XSLT:
  • DOCBOOK_WEBSITE=/usr/local/docbook-website-2.6.0
  • XSLT=xsltproc
...
Try this:
$ make clean
$ make realclean
$ make depends
$ make

...

Update / 2010-07-14:
I have made pretty good progress during the last couple of days.
I converted a couple of plain DocBook web-sites (HTML!!) to DocBook Website, and I rather sense some satisfaction there. You can find those web-sites right here in the right column listed as my most exciting web-sites. Sorry for the bragging, but the Website guys did a rather good job, so even me cannot spoil that a lot.
Right, and a web-designer mate of mine will show up on Friday, and we are going to discuss the replacement logos for all the NDW-logos around there. And a very big "thank you!!!" here to Norman for all his good work!!!

No comments: