Wednesday, July 14, 2010

this was a rather good day DocBookWebsite'ing

Migrated all relevant web-sites to DocBook Website. Simple HTML from DocBook documents looks quite a little different and not so appealing. I can only recommend using DocBook Website.That's another good reason, why I want to spread the good word of DocBook in Berlin. Have a look at the block "my most exciting web-sites" in the right column here!
Update / 2010-07-15:
If goals are easy to achieve, you don't delay them for very long, you just do them. With DocBook Website things are easy to achieve, and I keep simplifying, improving, and renovating my web-site(s). I guess, the need to change will saturate rather sooner than later.
Hayek.name is now as short and as nice, as it has never been before.
BTW: Now I removed xmllint'ing my documents from my Makefile, as it kept spitting out weird messages. Alright, I agree, that sounds rather silly, but … I use nxml-mode, and that constantly validates my documents, so I assume, I am on the safe side.

The next step:
Continuous Integration. That means, each web-sites gets recompiled, as soon as its sources got modified. Pretty cool stuff, serious!
For now I am using the Unix batch command. Pretty neat as well, of course, but not as neat as Continuous Integration, that's for sure.

No comments: