Saturday, July 24, 2010

son#1 teaches me mind mapping - I'm so proud!!!

During my last conversation with my lawyer (she is cute and pretty tough, I hope she is not going to take too much money, but we are going to see; she e-mails with me and she sends me the communication with the other party as PDFs, I am amazed!!! she is a digital native!!!), I asked myself, how often I would have to explain her that situation. Afterwards it came to my mind, I should have created a mind map together with her, and just for fun I did a little research and I also involved her there. And you know what: she told me the names of the software, she has already been using. I was embarrassed, at least a little. Alright I installed Free Mind, and I am a little stuck with it.
Weekend comes, son#1 shows up again, ..., I ask him, whether he know the term Mind Mapping, and yes, he knows it, I am kidding with him, asking, whether he can show me (and teach me), how to do it, and you know what: he said: yes. Yes, he will do it. That was last night or so, around our watching Godfather I.
Now today I set up an account for him on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard (and of course he loves that, who wouldn't, it is a hot Mac!!!), I dragged Chrome in his dock, removed a lot of the unnessary stuff there, explained him, how to use the "right mouse button" with the mouse pad and how to scroll with the mouse pad, a few things. And now he gets into that, and I am looking forward to son#1 teaching me mind mapping. I am really amazed. That will be good for the two of us.
I'll keep you updated, watch this location!

Update / 2010-07-24 18:28:
Although son#1 and son#2 are actually hard to confuse, this is actually about son#1.
Son#1 is 13 years old (he learned mind mapping at school, I guess with a teache from SW Germany as well), son#2 is 3.9 years old, I am >40.
And another thing I should add:
Whenever they started calling that sort of stuff mind mapping: one of my teachers on high-school actually taught us that sort of stuff ages ago. And I guess they also did at the Agora of Alexandria.
What a luck, this sort of stuff cannot get copyrighted!!!

1 comment:

Fred E. Miller said...

Good for your son teaching you this!

Mind Mapping is the 'Swiss Army Knife for the Brain'!

Check out my site for more on this great tool!
http://www.mastermindmapper.com/

Fred